Doug,

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM Doug Beattie <doug.beat...@globalsign.com>
wrote:

> Hi Wayne,
>

> I’m OK with this as long as this permits the password (fully or partially
> generated by the CA) and PKCS#12 file to be picked up by a user over HTTPS
> (a single channel).

This language is not intended to permit both the password and PKCS#12 file
to be transmitted over HTTPS. In an earlier message I said that I'd like to
hear from other CAs who feel that this exception is necessary, but none
have commented. Given the difficultly in carving out an exception limited
to the scenario you described and the [perhaps marginal] increase in
security that this requirement provides even in your scenario, I'm not
inclined to try to accommodate it.

If the proposed language is not clear in stating that the password and
PKCS#12 file cannot both be transmitted over HTTPS, please let me know.

Doug