As a lowly relying party, I have to say I'd expect better here.

In particular, if example.com says their DNSSEC signed CAA forbade Let's Encrypt from issuing, and Let's Encrypt says otherwise, I absolutely would expect Let's Encrypt to produce DNSSEC signed RRs that match up to their story. The smoking gun for such scenarios exists, and CAs are, or should be, under no illusions that it's their job to produce it.

A log entry that says "CAA: check OK" is worthless for exactly the reason this thread exists, record the RRs themselves, byte for byte.

We've seen banks taking this sort of shortcut in the past and it did them no favour with me. I want to see the EMV transaction signature that proves a correct PIN was used, not a blurry print from some mainframe with an annotation that says "A 4 in this column indicates PIN confirmed".