You’re free to misattribute whatever motives you want to me.  They’re not true.
 In fact, I would like to call on you yet again to cease speculating and
imputing malicious motives onto well-intentioned posts.

The CAA logging requirements failed in this instance.  How do we make them
better?  I’ll repeat that this isn’t a criticism of Let’s Encrypt, other than
they had a bug like many of us have.  Mozilla wants this to be a place where we
can reflect on incidents and improve requirements.

I’m not looking for something that is full cryptographic proof, that’s can’t be
made to work.  What are the minimum logging requirements so that CAA logs can
be used to reliably identify affected certificates when CAA bugs happen?
That’s the discussion going on internally here.  Love to hear other thoughts on
this issue.

Also, we’re trying to be increasingly transparent about what goes on at
DigiCert.  I believe we’re the only CA that publishes what we will deliver
*next* sprint.  I would actually like to share much MORE information than we
currently do, and have authorization to do so, but the current climate is not
conducive to that.

The fact that I tend to get attacked in response to my sharing of internal
thinking and incomplete ideas is not helpful or productive.  It will
unfortunately just cause us to have to stop being as transparent.

-Tim

I am opposed to unnecessary grand-standing and hand-wringing, when demonstrably
worse things are practiced.