On Tue, 22 May 2018, Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy wrote:

However, what does this buy us? Considering that the ZSKs are intentionally
designed to be frequently rotated (24 - 72 hours), thus permitting weaker
key sizes (RSA-512),

I don't know anyone who believes or uses these timings or key sizes. It
might be done as an _attack_ but it would be a very questionable
deployment.

I know of 12400 512 bit RSA ZSK's in a total of about 6.5 million. And I
consider those to be an operational mistake.

However, let us not pretend that recording the bytes-on-the-wire DNS
about repudiation. Rather, it helps us identify issues such as what LE
highlighted - a need for quick and efficient information scanning to
discover possible impact - which is hugely valuable in its own right, and
is an area where I am certain that a majority of CAs are woefully lagging
in. That LE recorded this at all, beyond simply "checked DNS", is more of a
credit than a disservice, and a mitigating factor more than malfeasance.

I see no reason why not to log the entire chain to the root. The only
exception being maliciously long chains, which you can easilly cap
and error out on after following about 50 DS records?

Paul