In our implementation E value in our certificates was "true" if it passed our
technical and visual verification. If the BR requirement is to do "any"
verification for E then the verification techniques we used should be OK. We
think that BR has meant that both OU and E are based on values defined by
Applicant and it is not mandatory to do any email send/response verification.
How do you conclude that BR words "has been verified by the CA" actually means
that some email has to be sent? In our opinion E is just a support email
address and its verification is not similar to important subject fields like
O,L or C but can be compared to OU verification.