On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 10:11 PM Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <

> On 26/10/2018 01:13, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 5:47 PM Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <
> > dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:

> they
> >> are
> of

> >> they

> >> Would it be OK (I think it should) to place new sublevel sections under
> >> appropriate higher level sections, after the RFC section numbers run out
> >> at that level?
> >

> > Can you explain why that is valuable?
> >
> > What purpose do you believe the CP/CPS structure serves? One of the goals
> > of developing the structure in the RFC was to identify the common
> sections
> > applicable to all CAs, with a consistent structure, to allow easy
> > comparison between policies. Indeed, early audit processes proposed
> making
> > these policies machine readable and templated, to expedite comparisons.
> >

> I is quite obvious that the 15 year old RFC3647 doesn't cover all the
> issues that need to be covered in a modern CP/CPS, the BRs already add
> many subsections not in the RFC.  I was giving concrete examples about
> what kinds of sections to add.
>
> However my question wasn't if additional sections could be added, this
> was already asked by someone obviously intending to do so.
>
> I was asking if such new sections could be placed where they would make
> the most logical sense rather than being confined to a section 10
> appendix.  I then gave examples of how some commonly occurring issues
> (such as a single CP/CPS covering both WebPKI and non-WebPKI roots)
> would fit more neatly earlier in a policy document.
>
> My response stating that I think this is okay was intended to include
adding new subsections to the end of any of the existing sections. I do
share some concern with this because it has and will continue to result in
information being placed into new sections rather than appropriate existing
sections. However, I also think there are legitimate reasons for adding
sections, and it makes more sense to logically group them with similar
content than at the end of the doc.

> Enjoy
>
> Jakob
> --
> Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  https://www.wisemo.com
> Transformervej 29, 2860 Søborg, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10
> This public discussion message is non-binding and may contain errors.
> WiseMo - Remote Service Management for PCs, Phones and Embedded
              • Re:... Kathleen Wilson via dev-security-policy
              • RE:... Tim Hollebeek via dev-security-policy
              • Re:... Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy
              • RE:... Tim Hollebeek via dev-security-policy
              • Re:... Wayne Thayer via dev-security-policy
              • Re:... Joanna Fox via dev-security-policy
              • Re:... Wayne Thayer via dev-security-policy
              • Re:... Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy
              • Re:... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
              • Re:... Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy
              • Re:... Wayne Thayer via dev-security-policy
  • RE: What does "No Stipul... Brown, Wendy (10421) via dev-security-policy