> On 3/11/20 3:51 PM, Paul Walsh wrote:
> > Can you provide some insight to why you think a shorter frequency in
> domain validation would be beneficial?
>
> To start with, it is common for a domain name to be purchased for one year.
> A certificate owner that was able to prove ownership/control of the domain
> name last year might not have renewed the domain name. So why should
> they be able to get a renewal cert without having that re-checked?

This has been a favorite point of Jeremy's for as long as I've been
participating
in the CA/Browser Forum and on this list.  Tying certificate lifetimes more
closely to the lifetime and validity of the domains they are protecting would
actually make a lot of sense, and we'd support any efforts to do so.

-Tim