Doug,

BR 4.9.9 says:
"...the OCSP signing Certificate MUST contain an extension of type
id-pkix-ocsp-nocheck, as defined by RFC6960."

The certificates that Ryan has identified are OCSP signing Certificates,
because they contain the id-kp-OCSPSigning EKU.  However, they have been
misissued because they don't "contain an extension of type
id-pkix-ocsp-nocheck".

The fact that these certificates are also CA certificates is unfortunate,
because revoking a CA certificate tends to have more impact to users than
revoking a leaf certificate.

Policy-wise, apparently it's OK for a certificate to be both a CA certificate
and a (correctly issued!) delegated OCSP signing certificate, which is I think
what Ryan's earlier post was talking about.  So if the affected CAs could go
back in time and add the id-pkix-ocsp-nocheck extension to these certificates
then those certificates arguably wouldn't have been misissued(*).

To repeat: the policy violation here is the omission of the
id-pkix-ocsp-nocheck extension in certificates that contain the
id-kp-OCSPSigning EKU.

(*) They might still have been "Dangerous" though, even if they hadn't been
misissued.  Quoting Ryan...
"For example,
consider this certificate https://crt.sh/?id=21606064 . It was issued by
DigiCert to Microsoft, granting Microsoft the ability to provide OCSP
Root. We know from DigiCert's disclosures that this is independently
operated by Microsoft."