El domingo, 10 de enero de 2021 a las 17:27:01 UTC+1, Ryan Sleevi escribió:
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 1:44 PM Ramiro Muñoz via dev-security-policy <
> dev-secur...@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
>
> > > That Camerfirma does not understand or express appreciation for this
> > risk
> > > is, to the extent, of great cause for concern.
> >
> > Dear Ryan,
> >
> > We are looking at the same data but we’re reading two completely different
> > stories.
> >
> > We are reading a story of a small CA that had its own graduation journey,
> > struggled but eventually managed to emerge stronger from such journey.
> >
> > You are reading a story of deceitful and unreliable CA that represents the
> > worst danger to the entire community (your even wrote: “Camerfirma is as
> > bad or worse than WoSign and DigiNotar”!), even if you yourself recognised
> > that was your subjective opinion on the matter.
> I am concerned about the attempts to so significantly dismiss the concerns
> as merely subjective.
>
> I’m saddened that Camerfirma does not recognize the seriousness of these
> issues, despite this thread, as evidenced by this latest response.
> Camerfirma continues to suggest “risk” as if this is some absolute that
> should the the guiding pole.
>
> The analogy, in the hopes that it helps Camerfirma understand, is a bit
> like saying to a bank “I know we borrowed $100, and defaulted on that loan
> and never paid it back, but we were a small CA, we’ve grown, and now we
> would like to borrow $1 million. We cannot demonstrate our financials, nor
> can we offer collateral, but we believe we are low risk, because it was
> only $100”.
>
> More concretely, Camerfirma is viewing this through the lens of what did go
> wrong, and continuing to be blind to how that signals, from a risk
> perspective, of what can go wrong. They are asking to be judged based on
> the direct harm to users by their (many, more than any CA I can think of)
> failures, while similarly asking the community to disregard the
> significance of that pattern of failures, and what it says about the
> overall operations of the CA.
>
> In short, Camerfirma is asking to be trusted implicitly and explicitly for
> the future, and asking that their $100 default not hold back their $1m
> loan. In banking, as in trust, this is simply unreasonable.
>
> Some have suggested that “trust” is the ability to use pst actions to
> predict future outcomes. If you say you do X, and as long as I’ve known
> you, you’ve done X, then when I say I “trust” you to do X, it’s an
> indicator I believe your future actions will be consistent with those past
> actions.
>
> Camerfirma has, undisputed, shown a multi-year pattern that continues,
> which demonstrates both a failure to correctly implement requirements, but
> also a failure to reasonably and appropriately respond to and prevent
> future incidents. The incident responses, which Camerfirma would like to
> [...]

Dear Ryan:

We’re not asking to ignore statistics, as matter of fact we’ve shown our
objective bug evolution trend in our previous message.

We don’t ask the community to  disregard the data, on the contrary we ask the
community to analyze the data thoroughly including the impacts produced.

We acknowledge we have room for improvement but, we’re not applying for a loan
we won’t be able to pay back. We are one of the largest and oldest CA in Spain,
we issue (overall, not  only SSL) more than 200.000 SMIME certificates per year
and in our long history we’ve never caused any damage to anyone. Some
certificates may have been syntactically incorrect due to misinterpretation,
but we have never compromised any vetting, identification or information
validation.

We’ve been an active and collaborative member of this community since 2008. We
take our responsibility as a CA very seriously and the safeguard of all our
stakeholders (including this community and all our clients) is our outmost
priority.