El martes, 5 de enero de 2021 a las 16:45:11 UTC+1, Ryan Sleevi escribió:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 9:01 AM Ramiro Muñoz via dev-security-policy <
> dev-secur...@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:

> > Camerfirma’s due responses and we hope this clears up any doubts that might
> > have arisen.
> >
> > Ryan argument number 1: “These statements are ones that are sort of "true
> > by degree". That is, if I was to dispute 1, Camerfirma would/could
> > rightfully point out that they were *much* worse before, and so yes, it's
> > true that they've improved.”
> > 1. Camerfirma has made huge improvements.
> >
> > Camerfirma has improved its operations to avoid errors. We have procedures
> > in place to incentivate improvement in every level in our operations. We
> > shall continue to work in this way in the future.
> > We have worked to automate internal processes, also improving the
> > management and level of attention on each incident. We have involved more
> > experts in the process. Our goal has always been to meet the highest
> > demands, including monitoring of CA activities that Mozilla has been
> > implementing over the past years.
> > In addition, Camerfirma publishes SSL certificates in the CT, EV since
> > (May 2016) and OV since (April 2017) ( even if it was mandatory only from
> > April 30, 2018). We have always been in favour of increasing transparency
> > and providing useful information to the community.
> > We have implemented several improvements during 2019 and 2020 (as we have
> > already mentioned in previous reports):
> >
> > • Decreased response time and increased attention to incidents. As a
> > result, we have eliminated communications failures and we have avoided
> > response delays (2020).
> > • Use of a centralized lint. Our three unconstrained subCA
> > (Multicert, Infocert and Intesa Sao Paolo) with codification errors in
> > issued certificates were added to our centralized lint. The first one since
> > March 2019 and the other two since April 2019.
> > • Contractual cover of unilateral revocations with the subCAs has
> > been clarified and streamlined. (October 2019).
> > • Mass revocation processes have been implemented (June 2020).
> > • Verification of CAA has been revised and reinforced with automatic
> > procedures (June 2020).
> > • Control zlint has been implemented, both at pre-issuance and
> > post-issuance (January 2019).
> > • Syntax control of the domain (August 2020)
> > • Additional automatic control to verify the correctness of AKI
> > extension before certificate issuance has been implemented (April 2020).
> >
> > In addition, Camerfirma periodically evaluates the efficacy of these
> > measures and every other improvement implemented.
> >
> I understand why Camerfirma feels it important to exhaustively list these
> things, but I think the Wiki page, and its details, provides a much more
> honest look at these. The adoption of Certificate Transparency before it
> was mandatory, for example, does not highlight Camerfirma's leadership in
> the area: it reveals how many issues Camerfirma's own management was
> [...]

Dear Ryan,

We are looking at the same data but we’re reading two completely different
stories.

We are reading a story of a small CA that had its own graduation journey,
struggled but eventually managed to emerge stronger from such journey.

You are reading a story of deceitful and unreliable CA that represents the
worst danger to the entire community (your even wrote: “Camerfirma is as bad or
worse than WoSign and DigiNotar”!),  even if you yourself recognised that was
your subjective opinion on the matter.

It is a huge distance in interpreting the same data and this subjectiveness do
not guarantee a fair governance of our community.

Finally We are not saying we have not had issues during the time we have been
operational. It may be more conducive for future discussions to not overlook
the fact that any risk analysis involves not only risk identification but also
the identification of the qualitative and quantitative impact of the risk
event.

All the best,