(copying the dev-security newsgroup)

Hi Ignaz,

Thanks for the feedback.  The "spoofed security indicators" from an
injected CSP meta tag is a fair point and one I haven't thought of
previously.  I'm not sure if browsers will implement such visual
indicators for CSP because it may confuse users.  This is still a valid
point, though, and we've struggled with the idea of <meta> tag policy
from the beginning.  The idea is to enable sites which can't set headers
to use CSP, but the reward might not be worth the risk.  In fact, Sid,
one of the engineers implementing CSP has proposed removing this from
the design:
http://blog.sidstamm.com/2009/06/csp-with-or-without-meta.html

If there are no major objections to doing so, it looks like you'll get
your way :-)

Cheers,
Brandon