> A plain text version would be extremely helpful. Concerning machine
> translation, I think I'll be alright ;-)

I have attached a plain text version to Bug 370505, it is available
here:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=342436
I still don't think a machine translation will be of any help.

> Okay, I'm a bit confused.  The Root CA itself does not sign qualified
> certificates, but it authenticates the private key used to sign
> qualified certificates?

Yes. In our system, qualified certificates are signed by intermediate
CAs only.
'Qualified' does not necessarily mean that its more secure, it means
that more regulations apply, and a qualified signature (based on a
qualified certificate and created using a secure signature creation
device) can be considered equivalent with a handwritten one according
to the EU Directive. A non-qualified signature created in a secure
environment can sometimes be considered more secure than a qualified
one.
Many regulations apply to the CA used for signing qualified
certificates, but a lot less regulations apply to the root who signs
the certificate for the key that is used for signing qualified
certificates. I agree that this is not necessarily logical.

István