On 12/23/2008 03:15 AM, Robin Alden:
Eddy,
        That reseller's ability to sell Comodo certificates has been
suspended while we investigate why they are apparently not fulfilling their
contractual obligations to us.

How can you outsource such a critical part as domain control validation to a reseller is a complete mystery to me! Your controls (if any) have completly failed.

And apparently if the fish stinks at the tail, chances that the head is rotten too are pretty high.

        We revoked your certificate for mozilla.com.

I suggest to revoke ALL certificates from this reseller and perform an urgent review of your policies and implementations in relation to resellers at all. Other steps might be needed as well, you know better than me.

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: start...@startcom.org
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org