I agree with all three of these issues -- it's not *just* this
reseller, it's potentially the entire reseller network, and it's
entirely possible that the problem exists across multiples.
(Especially if Comodo delegates full Registration Authority capability
without verification, which seems to be the case -- though they could
have simply issued a sub-CA certificate.)

It occurs to me that there is no facility in Firefox or other Mozilla
products to provide an explanatory dialog that there's an issue, and
such a facility would be extremely useful at this point.  Being able
to print a message to the user like "The Mozilla Foundation has
identified issues with the trusted root that issued this certificate
which prevent Firefox from being able to guarantee that this is truly
the site to which you intended to go.  While it is unlikely that this
is a widespread problem, and an attack would rely on more technical
intrusions into the network, the nature of these issues requires that
you be warned of this circumstance so that you can exercise
appropriate levels of caution.  The Mozilla Foundation is working with
the trusted root to resolve these issues." would help a lot.

(I word it like that because in order for an attacker to succeed he
would need to also hijack DNS, or place a entry in the user's hosts
file.)

Of course, this would be an NSS change (the addition of a 'trust
suspended' bit, in addition to the trust flags), a Firefox/Thunderbird
code change (to look for that bit), and a chrome change (to explain
what's going on).  Or even a check for the name in the hosts file to
see if it's overridden from DNS.  Placing an entry in a user's hosts
file is easier than hijacking DNS, or at least it's supposed to be.
I'm pretty sure we're all aware of the fairly recent cache poisoning
attack, but the people who write BIND pushed out a change to protect
against it very rapidly.

The addition of a 'trust suspended' bit is primarily unlikely to
happen, though, because there's too much inertia in the way things are
to do what needs to be done to fix the authentication system to allow
a root to stay in while the user is potentially at risk.

-Kyle H