On 02/10/2009 09:32 PM, Frank Hecker:
Eddy Nigg wrote:
I would support a review requirement by the community of at least two
individuals which independently review the CA.

Do you mean two people besides Kathleen?

Yes, that's my idea...

That may be difficult to
achieve; I think there were a number of requests where you were the only
community person who commented.

...which isn't really the perfect state either. Personally I feel that I'm dominating the list at times, specially during reviews and comments periods. I'd very much prefer to have my findings independently confirmed by at least another person.

> I guess we could compare this to the problem of patches sitting in
> the queue for lack of review and superreview.

Yes, that's a good and reasonable comparison.

> Personally I would like
> to see at least some additional review of CA requests, whether that
> be by Eddy or you or whoever. But I'm also not really happy about
> stretching out discussion of CA requests for multiple weeks just
> because no one besides Kathleen has time to look at things,
> especially given the backlog of requests we have.

Well, currently it's not likely that this would happen - and if it would, you'd know about it. But of course that would be the theoretical price to pay for such a requirement.

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: start...@startcom.org
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org