From: "Udo Puetz" <inexg...@googlemail.com>
Newsgroups: mozilla.dev.tech.crypto
To: <dev-tech-crypto@lists.mozilla.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 11:58
Subject: Problem reading certificate from hardware token

Hi all,
I've googled to and fro and have only found another poster having
roughly the same problem as I. The situation is this:
I want to authenticate against a juniper SA 2500 firewall with a user
and password AND a certificate. I have a safenet iKey 1032 token where
I imported the p12 certificate. In firefox (tried 2.0.x, 3.0.x and
3.5.x) I imported the safenet K1PK112.DLL PKCS#11 module. In the
firefox cryptography module manager I now see the token and can (after
entering the pin) see the certificate. So firefox _can_ read the
certificate off of the token.
But when I go to the juniper firewall website I get the error message
that the certificate can't be found.
When I (for testing) take out the token and import the p12 certificate
directly into the firefox certificate store I can authenticate against
the juniper firewall website with user and pass and the certificate.
So the problem seems to be that in the cyrpto module manager firefox
can read a certificate off of a token and can't read it off when
queried by a website.
Where would you think is the problem? Is it within firefox or a
problem with the third-party pkcs#11 module? (I'm also in contact with
the safenet folks)
Thanks a lot,
regards
Udo Puetz