On 2009-07-02 12:17 PDT, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> If you want to use Hardware tokens, PKCS #11, and Firefox you
> either must be nuts, a masochist, very smart, or highly committed.
>
> For ordinary users it makes little sense.
>
> Hardware tokens: there are any number of different types
> PKCS #11: the most difficult to program and administer middleware
> known to mankind
> Firefox: doesn't support CA issuers or Windows CSPs
>
> Linux: doesn't even provide a crypto service API, or does it?
>
> Anders

Anders, The user has made a decision and we're helping him with it.
I don't find your sniping helpful in any way.  I am aware that you
have proposed alternative technologies to many of those used in Firefox,
and I imagine that you're frustrated that the major browsers are not
excitedly switching to those alternatives, but please don't take it out
on us.  Please refrain from further sniping in this mailing list and
newsgroup.  Constructive contributions are welcome.

In answer to your question: Yes, the Linux Software Base now includes NSS.
Numerous products use it, including Google's Chrome and Adobe's Flash Player.