Folks,

Sorry to be late to the party, but did we come to a consensus on this?
Seems like we still have opinions both ways as to whether the cpp code
should be packaged with the binary distribution. I would argue that cpp
code is a special case, since the build is so platform dependent. It's
generally hard to distribute the right .so files to cover all platforms,
and we have run into many cases in practice where the native maps don't
work out of the box. While downloading the source and untarring it over the
same directory is not too much extra work, it seems like the only argument
not to package the native source code with the binary distribution is a
dogmatic one. Are there any practical reasons why it would be bad to add
the cpp file to the bin distribution?

Adam