Completely agree, thanks Rob. The proposal is use a name for the hornetq subproject that avoids confusion and doesn't use a version number. Hornetq *may* become the next activemq 6 (or 7, or whatever the case) once it builds a strong, self sustained community.

Like in the Apollo case, the technology merit is not in question. One of the ASF core beliefs is that the key ingredient for a mature [1] open source project is the community.

I hope too that the hornetq community achieves its goals,
Hadrian

[1] https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html