Sure absolutely.

I changed my mind a few times during this thread. The rationale for my revised recommendation is:

1. Many in the activemq community accept the notion that hornetq has technical merits, yet very few actually looked at the code. We are nothing more than a peanut gallery for the hornetq guys. 2. If I were one of the active committers in hornetq, I would jump at the opportunity to build the project and community without the activemq baggage. Independently (in the incubator) the project has the freedom to go whatever path they choose. 3. In the incubator they would benefit from far better mentoring than what they get in the ActiveMQ pmc.

Yes, the hornetq commmitters did a lot of work (didn't get much help also). It would be frustrating and a bit unfair to them. Yes, their opinion does count.

Renaming the subproject to something else than activemq6 was not accepted. This would have been imho a very simple solution until such time that a strong community exists. By that time, it might be activemq 7 or 8, who knows. The strong push from one side of the fence to keep it as activemq6, concerns me. It sounds like the hornetq proponents feel that the only way to be successful is to (what is perceived as) hijack of the activemq brand and future of the project. And the idea that the activemq project will die without the infusion of hornetq is, well, insulting. What facts support that statement? I, personally, react very strongly to such manipulative comments.

Now that Chris is aware of this threads, I think enough points of view were expressed and I hope we'll soon hear a more authoritative opinion.

Best,
Hadrian