On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 7:23 PM Ash Berlin-Taylor <a...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 1 2020, at 5:11 pm, Jarek Potiuk <jarek.pot...@polidea.com> wrote:
> Do we need to support multiple versions of API concurrently, or can we put
> any such requirement on the client(s)? And so long as we have good
> updating/change log for the API versions that seems not too hard a thing to
> manage.
> -Ash

In my opinion, we should support several versions of the API, if
necessary. Otherwise, no one will update Airflow for fear that other
dependent systems will stop functioning properly. If we create a new
CLI that will use the new API, then users should not have to update
the CLI if the Airflow server is updated. Some users (e.g. Astronomer
company) may also want to manage multiple Airflow instances and each
instance may have a different Airflow version. A common API for all
versions would make it much easier.