Hi all,

Apache Software Foundation has participated in the next round of Outreachy
Internships (https://www.outreachy.org/). In the last round (May-Aug 2020),
Apache Airflow submitted the project proposals for the Building the new
Airflow API where Omair <https://github.com/OmairK> and Ephraim
<https://github.com/ephraimbuddy> were selected for the internship under 2
mentors: Jarek and me along with super useful guidance from Kamil.

Blogpost from them about their internship:
-
https://airflow.apache.org/blog/experience-with-airflow-as-an-outreachy-intern/
- https://airflow.apache.org/blog/apache-airflow-for-newcomers/
-
https://airflow.apache.org/blog/implementing-stable-api-for-apache-airflow/

Katia Rojas from ASF has asked us if we (Airflow committers) are willing to
submit proposals for this round. I think this is a really nice opportunity
since we need good firepower for Airflow 2.0 too. Is anyone willing to be a
mentor (co-mentoring is fine too -- worked out well last time with me &
Jarek) from the existing Airflow committers?.

Outreachy has really great guidelines around how the internship would work
and sends out a newsletter every week with the goals and assignment (on a
higher level) for that week.

Jarek & I would definitely be willing to help the new mentors with filling
the proposals and guidelines in general if someone is interested.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in mentoring and sending out
proposals.

Regards,
Kaxil