I think stalebot is not a good solution for Issues. It is good for PRs (PRs
age much faster than issues and usually if you have not touched the code
for a few weeks, it's better to start from the beginning, unless you
continuously upgrade and "refresh" it.

I do think, however (following what Elad wrote) that organizing the issues
might be a better idea to some extent. And here, I think help from
volunteers from the community - not only committers -  might be super
valuable. There is a discussion recently about using the new (still in
public beta) Triage "level" for access in the project and I think what I
liked most is giving everyone from the community an automatically
Trage level of access.

I would be all for it. Maybe there are more people in the community, who
would like to help with that - similar to Elad? If so, maybe then we can
ask the infrastructure to enable the Triage level for us, work out some
general ideas on how we would like to organize the issues, document that,
and ask our community to help with that?  This might be a road to
commitership as well for people who are not necessarily coders. Something
that we had a talk at the Airflow Summit (https://youtu.be/wxn9ta13Gbo) ?

Maybe we can pioneer and experiment with that for the whole ASF and help to
reach the decision by showing example :).

Here are the discussions in ASF about the "Triage" level:

Incubator:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r497c5bf9a68e631bc93274e65beb3e28b769ce21e55961407adc5d10%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

DevCom discussion:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r617c960eae5a33e8f911c8606f93b6826f2724b3260553a162e2f9f4%40%3Cdev.community.apache.org%3E