The BigQuery dataset PyPi publishes has a file.type column:

<https://packaging.python.org/guides/analyzing-pypi-package-downloads/>

Since we started publishing wheels (1.10.3) the wheel almost all of the downloads. This 2020-12-01 (picked randomly):

1.10.12bdist_wheel108311.10.12sdist121.10.13bdist_wheel31451.10.13sdist32
1.10.4sdist2
1.10.4bdist_wheel2399
1.10.3bdist_wheel1079
1.10.3sdist3