Hi all,

I would like to open the release process of providers up for discussion.
Testing and Voting needs more discussion, the other points are mostly
straight-forward and had an agreement on the last dev call.

(Backport Providers won't be released after the end of this month - link
<http://apache-airflow-docs.s3-website.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/docs/apache-airflow/latest/upgrading-to-2.html#support-for-airflow-1-10-x-releases>
so
let's ignore them in conversation)

*Batch vs Ad-hoc*:

   - Release Manager would default to releasing Providers in Batch
   - ad-hoc releases are OK (i.e. if there is a critical bug that needs
   fixing in a single provider)

*Frequency:*

   - For Batch release, we will release *every month *(starting of the
   month - 1 to 7 most likely)
   - Just a note that it generally takes around a week for the vote to pass
   even though we have 72 hours minimum period

*Doc-only changes*

   - When we have doc-only changes for Providers (during batch-release), we
   should still release a new version. The majority on the Dev call had agreed
   that releasing docs asap is good instead of waiting for the next release
   with a code-change.

*Testing*

   - License and Signature Checks are mandatory (following the ASF rules)
   - For Providers, not all changes require strict testing -- you make a
   judgement based on the changes for a particular provider
   - Wherever possible community can help test those but not
   strictly necessary. *This is where more discussion is needed. *

*Voting*

   - Automate and create separate voting threads to avoid confusions vs a
   single vote where we exclude the providers if someone finds a bug, let's
   keep the discussion for this on

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r9dcc03840f478669e9bd0dc61f4088b725097da2b48ea274b7f0593e%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

Regards,
Kaxil