Okay; it seems there 4 people interested and willing to work on the
project. Option #2 it is.

Some other comments:

- Please don't apologize for any lack of contribution at any given time --
this is a volunteer led organization and we totally understand and
appreciate volunteer efforts as, when and if they are made.

- There are many ways of growing the community; the best one is by
increasing usage and adoption ("user fit"). Obviously, this is a hard
problem, requiring lot of time, user development, and improving the
technology. Alternatively, if there's no organic growth, companies often
get paid developers regardless in hopes that those people can solve the
problem with user fit and jump start the organic growth. There are no easy
answers, perhaps similar to the book The Hard Thing About Hard Things. You
have to work like crazy on it, there's no recipe.

- You should discuss the goals so that there are no moving goalposts. Think
about some metrics that you want to accomplish now, and then measure
yourself against them in 3 months. All four of you should drive this
discussion -- and JB and I should just be the observers. And, please, make
sure you start those conversations again to check on the progress. (Please
don't wait for me to do it.)