> From: Mariano Benitez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Let me get this right.. this task would define the antlib classes the
> moment it is invoked, and it should be used on the top level
> buildfile,
> this way the subbuilds/subants/ant/antcall targets have the antlib
> already loaded, right?
>
> I explain a bit my build files structure for testing:

[snip...]

> Up to this moment I need to define the tasks in boths includes using
> <typedef uri="...." loaderref="..." classpathref="..."/> because I
> cannot pass classpath to antlibs. I also added in both includes an
> stuff. </if> to do this only once for all the builds.
> I use a lot of subant, antcall, ants and it is very difficult
> to control
> in all the builds that the do use inheritall="true", since
> otherwise the
> <if> would not find the property and redefine the tasks.

Here I would advocate to have the new condition <isDefined/>
that I mentioned before. Which will not rely on inheritAll
but will look at the definintion dictionalries directly.

> Could you put this structure as it would be in 1.6.2 with the
> antlibresolve and antlib classpath, at least what you imagine
> it might be?
>
> I like the <antlibresolve> solution, as long as it does not
> redefine the
> tasks, or at least there is an option not to do so. Would it
> be possible
> to add to typedef that possibility?

<antlibresolve/> the only thing it does is make sure the antlib URI
gets processed. As if you were calling task in the space of the antlib.
Actually on the incarnation as <mylib:antlibresolve/>
it would have been a noop task whose only side-effect is causing the
the antlib the first time, like any other task would.
(humm this may be still the best solution, just make every antlib define
this task).

How to deal with your classloaders, that is a different thing
completely.
- Is it possible to define them inside the antlib (or are they buildfile
dependent)?
- I had proposed in the past a naming convention to associate a
classpath/loader
with a particular URI. But all this is just open talk at the moment.
- Maybe <antlibresolve/> can do some of this, but then its definition is
not as clean
as one would want.

Jose Alberto