Matt Benson wrote:

--- Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Matt Benson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Please don't. If I'm going to dump this
ResourceCollection stuff into HEAD I'd rather have
this resolved first, and right now only five
committers have shown any interest in this aspect!

:)

For the record, I'd like some explicit way to say
"this is the <and>
usable as Condition" in some way. Guess that makes
me pro-roles.

Thanks for speaking on the record. :) So roles must either come from some form of antlib (vote ant:role !) or... what?

-Matt

At first I thought I understood the discussion, I am trying to catch up, but now I completely lost it. I am trying to imagine what it would mean in a trivial build file.

Is this te direction we are going with "roles":

<project name="foo" default="bar"
  xmlns:co="ant:condition"
   xmlns:set="ant:set">

<resourcecollection id="blah">
   <set:and>
       <set:files dir="foo" name="**/*.java"/>
       <set:date select="newer" date="2005/04/15"/>
   </set:and>
</resourcecollection>

</project>

Martijn