--- Martijn Kruithof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[SNIP]

> Apart from the variands A and B further below, would
> the following also
> work?
>
> <project name="foo" default="bar">
>
> <resourcecollection id="blah" xmlns="ant:set">
>    <and>
>        <files dir="foo" name="**/*.java"/>
>        <date select="newer" date="2005/04/15"/>
>    </and>
> </resourcecollection>
>
> </project>
>
> or would this mean that the resoursecollection must
> be part of set itself?

As I understand it, yes, because the xmlns was
declared on the resourcecollection element.  I am
having a hard time following your exact example here
because I'm not sure how you are imagining the
ResourceCollections to look, while I know what they
look like.  :)

I don't see that the ResourceCollections themselves
need a namespace.  I have modified FileSet and similar
existing types to implement ResourceCollection.
Really the whole problem goes back to and/or/not, etc.
 "The Princess and the Pea."  Anyway, I translate your
example above as:

<project xmlns:rs="ant:resourceselectors">
  <restrict><!-- ResourceCollection type -->
    <!-- FileCollection aka files has no basedir -->
    <files name="${basedir}/foo/**/*.java" />
    <!-- haven't written this selector yet; here
         mimicked date FileSelector -->
    <rs:date when="after" datetime="2005/04/15"
             pattern="yyyy/MM/dd" />
  </restrict>
</project>

Does that make sense?