On Monday 05 December 2016 03:26 PM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
If you want to push Ivy, you need integrations with IDE.

+1

I haven't voted in that mail about retiring IvyDE because I don't know what a -1 (which is what I would have voted) would do in reality. As noted in that other voting thread, the last release was in 2013 and last real code was in 2014. So on one hand I want that project to stay (and hope to be actively developed) and on the other I don't think that's going to be happen even if it isn't retired.

Overall, IMO, if Ivy project itself needs to be used in serious projects, there needs to be an active community and usable ecosystem around it, headed by developers who are able to invest time and interest in it.

-Jaikiran

IMHO, IvyDE works
well with Eclipse;
perhaps its release cycle needs to be synced with Ivy release cycle (which
is roughly biannual a this point).
Is there a release plan for Ivy, by the way? When will this
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1444> fix be released?

Gintas

We see Ivy as a widely used component. We use archiving some components to
recalibrate our focus.
I don't think that we want to archive Ivy in the near future. Instead we
try to push Ivy.

If you want to help with Ivy, you're welcome.

"It's already a challenge to stick with Ivy build system itself given the
lack of fixes/releases/responses."
What are the problems you think are resolved with new Ivy releases?

Jan