On 2018-10-28, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 at 18:17, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> The problem is that should such class end up in ant-testutil, it makes
>> ant
>>> dependent on ant-util and that creates a dependency loop.

>> I'm talking about the "magic names" only used in tests. The four
>> properties with names that start with TEST_ should not be used inside
>> the rest of Ant, are they?

> I understand your point. TEST_ properties are only for tests. But, the
> tests themselves are a part of Ant core.

Are they? I really hope there are no test classes in ant.jar.

The constants can be moved to the tests jar of Ant core (where Ant core
likely means org.apache.ant:ant in Maven speak) and ant-testutil. All
Maven artifacts that are not org.apache.ant:ant can have a test scope
dependency on ant-testutil.