G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> WHat is this? I gather from your comments that the guide is proprietary.
> If this is the case then perhaps it is time for the OOo folk to think
> about having one of their own. Certainly an incentive for a project.
> Thanks.

It seems that you don't know all the facts, so let me explain them to you.

Jürgen is already working on this matter for quite some time. It takes
this time, for whatever reasons. Especially Jürgen is one of the
greatest advocates of open sourcing the DevGuide, but giving something
into open source is not just throwing it out and shouting "come and get
it".

I can understand that Jürgen is a little bit upset about Laurents
question because it was already answered several times, and the answer
always was: we (the authors) would like to open source it but it's not
that easy, please be patient.

OTOH if anybody else wants to create a new DevGuide nobody will complain
against this (provided that its quality would be sufficient). We have no
commercial interest in the DevGuide.

So please let's not discuss about something that probably won't happen
ever. Thanks.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.