Hi Mathias,

>>Why is this strange? It's more on the level of, say, the background
>>color, than, say, the zoom level: It's an aspect of the document which
>>its designer describes how to look like.
>
> I consider it to be strange as it isn't relevant if you access the
> document by its API, it is something you only need if you view the
> document in an editor.

Well, if the document is in design mode, controls will behave different
- even at API level. For instance, there will be no connection with a
database.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -