On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 02:36:14 -0500, Alexandro Colorado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Paolo,

In Barcelona I asked you about the possibility of using SimpleSystemMail uno service to be able to send email from OpenOffice.org. The only reference I got to how it works is through the snippet on Andrew Pitonyak's Macro Book.

Sub SendSimpleMail()
   Dim vMailSystem, vMail, vMessage

   vMailSystem=createUnoService("com.sun.star.system.SimpleSystemMail")
   vMail=vMailSystem.querySimpleMailClient()

I might add that this script fails when I reach this line with an error message telling me that the object variable not set. Which leads me to believe that querySimpleMailClient is not returning anything to define vMail.

   'You want to know what else you can do with this, see

'http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/system/XSimpleMailMessage.html
   vMessage=vMail.createsimplemailmessage()
   vMessage.setrecipient("[EMAIL PROTECTED]")
   vMessage.setsubject("This is my test subject")

   'Attachements are set by a sequence which in basic means an array
   'I could use ConvertToURL() to build the URL!
   Dim vAttach(0)
   vAttach(0) = "file:///c|/macro.txt"
   vMessage.setAttachement(vAttach())

   'DEFAULTS Launch the currently configured system mail client.
   'NO_USER_INTERFACE Do not show the interface, just do it!
'NO_LOGON_DIALOG No logon dialog but will throw an exception if one is required. vMail.sendSimpleMailMessage(vMessage, com.sun.star.system.SimpleMailClientFlags.NO_USER_INTERFACE)
End Sub

However I want to know if I would need a transport on my system so the API is able to send the email. This is a similar dilema that I face with python's libsmtpd module which is capable of working as an smtpd server but there is really not much reference about how to run it.

What I am trying to achieve is the user be able to send a registration email to the Mailing list from within openoffice.org. Maybe this could help.

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES