update it works with the latest JDK 1.6.0_10rc2 as well

Can you send me a demo application with the glue code and the unowinreg.dll that you use?

Juergen

Juergen Schmidt wrote:
you make me crazy, i can't reproduce it

I have cleaned up my VM. I have made a custom installation of the RC4 (office and SDK), configure the SDK and build the example/DevelopersGuide/ProfUNO/SimpleBootstrap_java

I have started a new shell and started the example

java -jar SimpleBootstrap_java

-> i got the expected error: no UNO installation found! ...

I have installed OO.org 2.4.1 and ensured that the registry doesn't include any keys to an earlier OO.org3.0. The custom installation wrote no keys.

-> run the example again
-> office comes up with a new empty Calc document

What are you doing exactly. Which Java version do you use etc. I use for example Java 1.6.0_07-b06

Juergen

Matthias B. wrote:
I can confirm that the unowinreg.dll from the rc4 SDK (size: 7168,
md5sum: 2b613243fd1b8cde0ae63d9ff4a06de3) still has the problem.

Matthias