>   +    * use libtool
>   +        Status: Greg +1 (volunteers)

As much as I hate libtool, I can agree to this, but I would ask that it
wait until Jim has a chance to voice his opinion, because I know he hates
libtool.

>   +
>   +    * snarf rules.mk(.in) from APRUTIL to simplify makefiles
>   +        Status: Greg +1 (volunteers)

Slow down there cow-boy.  :-)  We had this discussion once on the list,
and although a few people liked the idea of moving stuff into a rules.mk,
many people, myself included, thought that having all the different
Makefiles just made the build system more complex not less.  Until we have
a consensus about this, I would ask that you leave the build system alone.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131