Actually, it's also out of line.  If we have a vote in CVS, or even another
vote present, you really shouldn't go instigating more confusing or
conflicting votes to track, especially if it's not your proposal or patch.

And no, we haven't settled abstract or concrete contracts for the time
scale, so no, it's hard to pick a name.

The votes are in status.  Let's keep discussion on list and the tally
in STATUS.  STATUS cannot continue to be a soapbox, and remain
an effective summary of where the project is at.  If someone wants to
start tracking a discussion in another cvs file (preferably the apr site
or pmc repository, rather than our code repositories), that's fine by me.

Can we please end this sub-thread?

Bill

At 01:47 PM 7/12/2002, David Reid wrote:
Agreed, it's premature.

david