> From: Aaron Bannert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 02:15:49PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Actually, it's also out of line.  If we have a vote in CVS, or even
> another
> > vote present, you really shouldn't go instigating more confusing or
> > conflicting votes to track, especially if it's not your proposal or
> patch.
>
> Out of line? Point of order: please advise me as to when I may and
> may not call a vote. I'm most interested in the what we call the new
> implementation, and so I made a proposal with the names I like the
best.

Well, for one thing, you can't make a proposal with just the names that
you like.  A meritocracy means that you must accept that other people
may not agree with your ideas.  Since there were other options offered
(whether you like them or not), they must be in the vote, or the vote is
completely invalid.  Even if you want to veto those options, they must
be in the vote, or you aren't giving people an opportunity to change
your mind.

Ryan