Am 02.04.2011 16:59, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
no, something which is kinda /me giving up on teaching configure to do
it right .....
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/MWGNUmakefile
http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/mingw/MWGNUmakefile.inc
with that makefile you have both static and dynamic within less the time
than what configure only needs .... :-)
and honestly I'm thinking this is brobably a better approach since what
we now did while wasting countless hours is basically exactly same:
overwrite configure tests manually :-(
pros:
- fast
- build is 100% in sync with MSVC build (uses same apr.hw etc.)
- easy to maintain for everyone who's familar with GNU make
- no dependency on Python
- no dependency on MSYS / bash / configure / m4 / ...

cons:
- extra maintenance of MWGNUmakefile.inc when source files are added or removed

the cons can be axed if we would use separate makefile.inc for the configure builds as well where we list the source files and include these into the created Makefile ... - then we would in future only maintain changes at one place = makefile.inc

one point which made me hack this makefile was to see how long it would take to create a working makefile which does the job, and that was done within ~2.5 hours; the other point is that I see not much sense in letting configure waste a huge amount of time for various tests which then finally get anyway overwritten - and if I look at our branches this becomes even worse because configure runs then twice (once for APR, once for APU) ...

Gün.