> On Aug 8, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le sam. 8 août 2020 à 08:46, David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> Supplemental UI is a horrible workaround for the insufficient UI builder.
>> I’ve somewhat improved the UI builder by making it a separate project, and
>> making it able to aggregate lots of UI bits: antora-ui-builder <
>> https://gitlab.com/djencks/antora-ui-builder>
>>

> If we go with it, can we fork it at asf?
> Not depending on one - even very good ;) - man project is always saner, it
> already bite us by the past.

I hesitated to suggest using it for that reason.  We can’t fork it at Apache
(mpl2.0) but anyone can fork it at GitLab.  After working with node.js stuff
for a few months I have the impression that the vast majority of node projects
are one-man efforts.  The idea of a builder is an open issue in the default UI,
but I got tired of waiting and wrote one.

The other reason I think my builder to start with is reasonable is that it’s
very easy to turn a project using it into a fork of the default UI.

> Now we can just move on bootstrap and use cdn, supplemental ui is then
> mainly just about hbs/templates and does not need much front build (as most
> asf sites).

I don’t understand what you mean, could you clarify?

I think we’ll want to change the colors (at least I do) which involves css
which can’t be done with supplemental UI.

David Jencks