Le 06/02/2019 à 01:06, Philipp Moritz a écrit :
> Thanks for the meeting! One question concerning a point that is still
> not super clear to me:
>
> Say we define a new manylinux standard based on gcc >=5 (with stable
> c++11 support). There will still be a lot of wheels form the manylinux1
> days that are built against gcc 4.8 that might use the c++11 features
> before they became stable. How do we prevent bugs from that? Is the plan
> to convince everybody who uses these c++11 features to use the new
> manylinux standard?

Yes, that's a bit of a problem.

This discussion arised from the incompatibility between Tensorflow
wheels (compiled with a later toolchain) and other Python wheels
(compiled with a manylinux1-compatible toolchain).

Intuitively, by using the new C++ ABI we may prevent such issues when
installing manylinux1 wheels and manylinux20XX wheels side-by-side.  But
it's difficult to say for sure.

Regards

Antoine.