Stefano Mazzocchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> I still don't understand why the "common" components like Framework
>> or LogKit are not moved back to Avalon.

>because "no one" of the avalon pmc members expressed interests in
>continuing this project. And the ASF does not allow a project to run
>without a PMC for legal oversight reasons.

>> These are core components from which all projects benefit, no matter
>> whether they are called Excalibur, Metro or anything else.

>True, and that's why it should not matter to you what PMC oversees them.

>> There seemed to be at least some agreement between the fractions that
>> keeping compatibility to these parts is an intention of everyone. So
>> why not put them back here?

I didn't mean "give them back to the Avalon PMC". As far as I can
understand, the Avalon PMC is dead and about to be dismantled.

I meant "put them back on avalon.apache.org. Because this is the
logical place, that people looking at an org.apache.avalon.* package
will search for them.

Why should the Excalibur PMC not run a second web site called
"avalon.apache.org"? Just for political reasons?

This is about outsiders and people that do not know anything about the
Arthurian wars coming to the project. This is about trust and faith in
the future of the avalon based components. If they flock around the
Excalibur PMC in the end, fine.

        Regards
                Henning

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/