Hello everyone,
I wanted to do an update on the state of the release, as there haven't been
news on this for a while.
We have found a few issues that broke postcommits a few weeks back, but we
hadn't noticed. Some people are tacking these to try to stabilize the
release branch[1].

In the meantime, the release has been blocked, but Boyuan Zhang has taken
advantage of this to code up a few scripts to try and automate release
steps. (Thanks Boyuan!). We will try these as soon as the release is
unblocked.

Best
-P.