Is PMC definitely in charge of this (approving, communication channel,
etc)?

There could even be a more concrete pull-request-like function even for
things like tweets (to minimize cut/paste operations)?

I remember a bit of a mechanism having been proposed some time ago (in
another circumstance), though doesn't look like it made it terribly far:
http://www.redhenlab.org/home/the-cognitive-core-research-topics-in-red-hen/the-barnyard/-slick-tweeting
(I haven't otherwise seen such functionality).