I believe the troublesome tasks are these three:
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/2592c8396ae1a68dadc351135c2a79397fb70942/website/build.gradle#L95-L108
(to avoid confusion, note that these are being added as part of the PR,
although they appear in a commit on apache/beam in the link).

Nam, can you change the gradle tasks to avoid using -u root in docker?