> My solution is a wrapper around Maven's dependency resolution
> framework, Aether. I have a hybrid Buildr setup, where Buildr can load
> a pom to get all the dependencies but Buildr does all the heavy
> lifting.

Nice! I was hoping someone would do this. Is your Buildr/Aether plugin
published somewhere?

I may not convert to using it right away, as I'm a fairly happy Ivy and
ivy4r user. However, every once in awhile Ivy is quirky enough that I
think it's uber-configurability is overkill given all I want to do is
read/write from the standard Maven repo/layout anyway.

> The additional perk is Eclipse is happy using the pom to map
> out the project.

Nice. I would do the same thing--use poms only for dependency info, but
something not-maven to do the actual build. Though it would be nicer if
poms were more succinct--ivy.xml's are usually much shorter.

- Stephen