So based on the discussion, it sounds like the following solutions would work well:

Dependency Resolution

 * Dependency resolution is optional
 * Resolve Transitive Dependencies for an artifact(s)
 * Create/Rebuild a dependency file
 * Lock dependencies based on the dependency file

Maven interop

 * Generate a maven POM based on a Buildr project
 * Create & deploy maven friendly artifacts based on a Buildr project

Would there be any benefit for having Ivy interoperability as well?