Hi,

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Chiaming Hsu <camy...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If this becomes part of the core of buildr as Peter suggested, would there be
> performance impact when not using transitive dependencies?

I would hope not.

I am not a huge fan of transitive closure across the builds when you
can't lock it down to a specific set (like Gemfile.lock or what Ivy4r
supports it seems). I don't object so much to the network chattiness
but due to the un-reproducible of builds.

Aether would mainly used as the API for interacting with Maven repos
and for implementing transitive dependencies of maven artifacts.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald