1) I don't really understand the comparison with Pig. Calcite has a Pig
adapter as a feature and writing tests in Pig is necessary to support that
feature. (Same is true with other adapters.) That's not the case with
Kotlin. If Calcite had a Kotlin API as a feature, of course we would have
Kotlin code.

2) I'm surprised that others find the quidem tests cryptic but if anything,
this seems to be another argument against Kotlin.

> Could we please stop making fuzz out of thin air like "voting whether
> should we enable use of Kotlin in unit tests or not" and proceed with
> development?

I'm not sure who was calling for a vote (I wasn't and I haven't seen that
in this thread) but there seem to be others who don't see this as "out of
thin air." I still maintain my +0.5 and I'm fine with the change but I
think if we're going to use the term "lazy consensus" we should agree on
what it means.

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org