I think we should release Avatica 1.18 BEFORE Calcite 1.27. I just merged a fix
to an important bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4476
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4476>, and it would be good if
it got into Calcite 1.27.

I agree that we need to solve Sargs. Over Christmas, I put a lot of work into
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4446
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4446> but didn’t quite get it
finished. (I never managed to start on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4405
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4405>, because we never had a
test case that indicated how actual behavior differed from desired behavior.)

It would be good to have some help with 4446.

Julian